To encourage young people to receive training on aviation operations with a view to developing their future careers in the aviation industry.
(B) Level of subsidy
Each successful applicant will receive
- a guaranteed minimum monthly salary of HKD7,000 during the placement period for a maximum of 12 months;
- a monthly incentive allowance of HKD2,000 during the placement period for a maximum of 12 months; and
- a total amount of study allowance of HKD24,000
(C) Eligibility criteria
- be a Hong Kong resident and lawfully employable in Hong Kong
- be a registered student of the Diploma in Aviation Operations (the Recognised Programme) operated by Hong Kong International Aviation Academy and complete both the full-time classroom learning and the placement period of the Recognised Programme; and
- be employed in an organisation/company of the aviation industry in Hong Kong during the placement period of the Recognised Programme; and
- be employed in an organisation/company of the aviation industry in Hong Kong upon successful completion of the Recognised Programme and continue to work in the aviation industry in Hong Kong for a continuous period of six months
(D) Procedures for application
- Applications will be accepted once a year (November) for each cohort
- Applicants should complete and submit the application form and required supporting documents by post to Hong Kong International Aviation Academy (Address: Level 9, HKIA Community Building, 13 Cheong Tat Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong)
- Applicants should complete all parts of the application form and sign the form as required. For applicants aged under 18, signature of their parent or guardian is required. Incomplete application forms will not be considered
- In submitting the application form, applicants should attach a copy of each of the following:
- the applicant’s Hong Kong Identity Card; and
- employment proof for their placement period
- Applicants should provide an employment proof of working in the aviation industry in Hong Kong for a continuous period of 6 months by the designated deadline after completion of the Recognised Programme.
- Acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to an applicant by email within two weeks upon receipt of the application. If the acknowledgement is not received within two weeks, an applicant should call the Academy at 2183 2388 or send an email to AcademyEnquiry@hkiaaAcademy.com.
- Applicants may be required to verify the information submitted and/to provide additional information necessary for processing the applications further
For enquiries, please send email to the Academy (e-mail address: AcademyEnquiry@hkiaaAcademy.com) or call at 2183 2388